We are looking for an experienced Technician to join the workshop-based team, the purpose of the role is reconditioning of Bakery & Catering equipment. The position would be ideally suited to a hands-on technician looking to improve on experience and with a view to build on any existing qualiﬁcations
- To assess and assemble equipment for reconditioning
- To complete tasks within time scales and to the expected high standard
- To test machines and diagnose/repair any faults prior to submitting for PDI
- To work alongside the workshop team to complete tasks as efficiently as possible
- To carryout reasonable ad hoc duties within the company as detailed by the Workshop Manager
- Assisting PDI with new equipment assembly and assessment
- Previous experience within the business with both catering and bakery equipment
- Experience with hand tools and bench fitting
- Possess high levels of integrity and drive to succeed
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Possess a positive / can-do attitude
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Miller’s Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
Why Join Us
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Incremental holiday allowance (up to 32 days per year)
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families