The purpose of the role is primarily the stripping and reconditioning of Bakery & Catering equipment. Whilst working individually for the most part, the successful candidate will also be part of a strong team, working together to meet targets and maintain quality of the highest standard, providing reliable assets to some of the UK’s leading supermarkets.
- The Stripping of bakery & catering equipment prior to refurbishment or reconditioning
- To complete tasks within time scales and to the expected high standard
- Highlight any damaged components in need of replacement or further repair prior to being submitted to the Re-Build Department
- To work alongside the workshop team to complete tasks as efficiently as possible
- To carry out reasonable ad hoc duties within the company as detailed by the Workshop Manager
Who are we?
Millers Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Millers Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience with hand tools and bench fitting
- Possess high levels of integrity and drive to succeed
- Demonstrates an honest and diligent approach to work
Why join us?
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Up to 32 holidays days per year
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 17.00pm