We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Commercial Manager to join our busy powered access team at our operations centre based in Bury.
Duties will include.
- Assist the Powered Access Commercial Manager in overseeing the entire program of powered access installations ensuring that projects are executed according to schedule, budget, and quality standards.
- Maintain accurate project documentation, including contracts, change orders, and communication records. Generate regular reports on project progress, financial status, and potential issues.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and address any concerns, building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Conduct thorough condition assessments of scissor lifts, preparing detailed condition reports, including recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project managers, engineers, and procurement specialists.
- Facilitate effective communication and coordination among team members.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency, providing feedback and recommendations for enhancing practices.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices.
- Providing guidance and support to colleagues.
- To proactively monitor outstanding works to ensure SLAs are met in a timely manner.
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheets for budgeting and reporting purposes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for preparing proposals, reports, and client interactions & the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail in reviewing contracts, quotes, and condition reports.
- Customer-focused mindset with a commitment to delivering high-quality service.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Effective time management skills to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines, handling multiple responsibilities without compromising quality.
- Strong problem-solving skills to address challenges and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with the potential to take on increased responsibilities.
Why Join Us
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Up to 32 Holidays per year
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families
Monday – Friday: 8.00am – 17.00pm