Millers Vanguard are seeking a highly motivated and experienced IT Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the Senior Management, the IT Manager will be responsible for ensuring availability of the core services to the business.
- Creating, developing, and maintaining the strategic IT roadmap for the business.
- Oversee the project management product upgrades, updates, and additions to Siclops, Redledge, Sage, Microsoft 365 & any other applications used within the business.
- Provide third line support for all aspects of business relating to the IT Department.
- Horizon scanning to deliver long term pathways for business growth underpinned by assured ICT functions.
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify and deliver business priorities and continuous improvement program.
- Strategic leadership of IT function to deliver 24/7/365 support.
- Single point of accountability for all aspects of technology, including identifying & implementing new systems.
- Concurrently managing multiple projects to support business growth, often with converging objectives, across separate business areas.
- Governance assurance, including risk management responsibility for business function area, to executive management of Miller’s Vanguard.
- Budget responsibility up to £1M per annum.
- Sourcing, contracts, and supplier management.
- Project management responsibility for all IT related projects across the business.
- Data security & GDPR implementation and management.
Who are we?
Millers Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Millers Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
- We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Our ideal candidate:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Stack
- Working knowledge of Gamma Horizon Cloud Telephony
- Working knowledge of ERP, WMS & Sage applications
Why join us?
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Up to 32 holidays days per year
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families.