As HSEQ Manager you will be our expert advisor on all health and safety and our ISO management systems whilst coordinating the company’s health and safety improvement action plan.
- Ensuring compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental & Energy legislation / Guidance / ACOP’s and other associated requirements.
- Maintain and improve (continuous improvement process) HSEQ Management Systems.
- Introduce and maintain site policies and procedures to comply with UK Legislation and governing bodies.
- Auditing, measuring and reporting of HSEQ performance throughout the business and Group responsibilities.
- Identifying improvement opportunities / practical cost effective solutions and controls for HSEQ risks and other associated works & projects.
- Provide support, education and training to employees.
- Coordinating internal and external HSEQ inspections and audits.
- Deliver, maintain and chair all associated ISO Management meetings.
- Must uphold & maintain certification in relation to ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 & 50001 and other business & client certification i.e. CHAS
- Very close working partnership with all key stake holders within the business and wider group and clients.
- Work and support our sister company (Service-line) in line with Millers Vanguard.
- You will be required to travel to our customer sites to carry out audits and inspections then report back to the relevant manager.
- N.E.B.O.S.H – General certificate (essential) or N.E.B.O.S.H diploma (Desired) and at least 5 years within the industry / experience (essential) CMIOSH (desired) or National equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedure. Proven experience, within a HSEQ role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail therefore ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to carry out an audit, gather objective evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records.
- Presentation skills to deliver specialist advice at all levels.
- Computer literate, good knowledge in Microsoft office packages. – Full clean UK Driving License
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Miller’s Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
Why Join Us
- Company Car
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Incremental holiday allowance (up to 32 days per year)
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families