The main responsibility will be to audit and develop the processes and people involved in maintaining a high level of service by the clean and service teams throughout the national customer base.
- To carry out and regular site visits throughout our national customer base.
- To provide weekly detailed reports to the clean and service manager.
- To monitor and review team members overall performance, taking action such as disciplinary or training where necessary.
- To assist in the recruitment programme of clean and service technicians and associated support staff.
- The ability to work without supervision and provide a proactive support function, highlighting areas of concern before they become an issue.
- To develop and maintain safe and efficient working practices.
- To assist in the resolution of customer problems in a timely manner.
Essential for this role
- Driving Licence (required)
- Bury: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- High level of knowledge in bakery and catering equipment.
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed reports.
- High degree of mobility and flexibility in working away from home.
- High degree of flexibility in working hours and types of jobs undertaken.
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Miller’s Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
Why Join Us
- Company Car
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Incremental holiday allowance (up to 32 days per year)
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families