Supporting all of our customers is our Equipment Factory, which houses new and recycled foodservice devices. The workshop is manned by a team of engineers.
We are currently seeking a skilled Electrical Workshop Engineer to join our team. As a Workshop Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the rewiring of scissor lifts and conducting thorough safety and conformity checks to ensure the highest standards are met.
- Perform electrical rewiring of scissor lifts during the refurbishment process.
- Conduct comprehensive safety and conformity checks on refurbished lifts.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electrical issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to enhance overall workshop efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed and adhere to documentation protocols.
- ONC/NVQ or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Proven experience in electrical work.
- Experience in LV voltage schemes.
- Experience working with PLC’s and control wiring.
- 18th Edition BS7671 Requirements
- Strong understanding of safety standards and conformity regulations.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills.
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Miller’s Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
Why Join Us
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Incremental holiday allowance (up to 32 days per year)
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families