Miller’s Vanguard, is seeking an experienced Refrigeration Engineer to join our dynamic workshop team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in conducting repairs and servicing on a range of commercial fridge/freezers, water chillers, and ice machines. If you are a skilled professional with a passion for refrigeration technology and a commitment to exceptional service, we invite you to apply.
- Conduct repair, and maintenance of refrigeration systems, including commercial freezers, refrigerated displays and ice machines.
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions in refrigeration systems and implement effective repair solutions in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations, health and safety standards, and company policies throughout all maintenance and repair activities.
- Collaborate with team members and provide technical support when. required, ensuring efficient service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Document all maintenance activities, including repairs, inspections, and parts replacements accurately for record-keeping purposes.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and regulations related to refrigeration systems.
Who are we?
Millers Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Millers Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Millers Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
Our ideal candidate:
- FGas Qualification.
- Proven experience as a Refrigeration Engineer, with an understanding of refrigeration principles and systems.
- Proficient in diagnosing and repairing refrigeration equipment and components.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations related to refrigeration systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work.
Why join us?
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Up to 32 days per year
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 17.00pm