Millers Vanguard, a Specialist Maintenance Provider for Service and Maintenance within the foodservice industry, are looking for a coffee PDI technician to join their workshop-based team at Mossfield Mill, Bury.
The purpose of the role is primarily the PDI and testing of bean to cup coffee machines from the ground up but will also include replacement of various mechanical and electro-mechanical components. Whilst working individually for the most part, the successful candidate will also be part of a strong team working together to meet targets and maintain quality of the highest standard, providing reliable assets to some of the UK’s leading Supermarkets and coffee chains. Experience working with varied bean to cup coffee machines is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided on site.
Duties to Include:
- To inspect individual components and replace where necessary.
- To complete tasks within time scales and to the expected high standard
- To calibrate, run and test completed machines prior to submitting for final inspection
- To work alongside the workshop team to complete tasks as efficiently as possible
- To carry out reasonable ad hoc duties within the company as detailed by the Workshop Manager
Who are we?
Millers Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Millers Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Millers Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
Our ideal candidate:
- Ability to prioritise your workload and work well under pressure.
- A professional attitude towards work and a willingness to remain flexible
- A high level of attention to detail
Why join us?
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- 32 holidays per year
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 17.00pm
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 6-12 months
Salary: £12.31 per hour