Based from Bury, we are looking to expand our team by introducing a Technical Surveyor.
As Technical Surveyor your main responsibility entails travelling Nationwide carrying out detailed engineering reports.
- To produce and deliver high quality reports using various Microsoft tools and liaising with our marketing department.
- Report asset condition through the company asset management system software, ensuring all asset survey information is uploaded and updated as required.
- Assist the Installations manager to produce written technical work scopes and schedules where required.
- Carry out pre-site surveys to ensure all installs are completed first time, avoiding where possible aborted visits or additional charges for both Millers Vanguard and our customers.
- Carry out post installation surveys to ensure installation standards are being adhered to.
- Liaise with customers regarding planned installations.
- Lead installations on larger projects.
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties as necessary and instructed by your line manager.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests/instructions to meet business requirements.
- Ability to prioritise work and process multiple tasks as required.
- Experience of electromechanical and hydraulic installations.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft programmes including Word and Excel. Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Able to remain professional, calm and patient at all times.
- Current UK driving licence (Clean).
- Minimum NVQ3, HNC, HND or equivalent mechanical engineering qualification.
- IOSH/ NEBOSH or equivalent qualifications desirable.
- CETOP or equivalent hydraulics qualification (Desirable)
- Relevant industry experience working with Commercial Catering / Bakery Equipment, lifting equipment, material handling equipment, scissor lifts etc.
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Miller’s Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
Why Join Us
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Incremental holiday allowance (up to 32 days per year)
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families