The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
Duties will include:
- Escalating IT issues to other managers where necessary
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Assisting with IT projects as instructed by the IS Manager
- Providing desktop & server support
- Supporting and maintaining MS Desktops and MS Servers
- Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops & mobile devices
- Installing authorised software to laptops, desktops & mobile devices
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops, laptops & mobile devices and kept up to date
- Fault finding to laptops, desktops & mobile devices
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Patching of network and phones
- Excellent communicator
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Interest in IT
Who are we?
Millers Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Millers Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Why join us?
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Up to 32 holidays days per year
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families.
Working hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 17.00pm