Millers Vanguard, one of the biggest and most highly regarded employers in Bury are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Administrator to be based within our HR Department. The role will entail providing support in organising and maintaining the administration processes.
- Responsible for on boarding of new starters including, producing offer letters, negotiating start dates, ordering uniform, obtaining relevant ID documentation, collecting all new starter information including information for Payroll and delivering all HR induction training including basic Health and Safety training.
- Responsible for full exit process for company leavers including exit interview and the return of company equipment.
- Maintain sickness, holiday and attendance records accurately and forward to relevant departments in a timely manner.
- Attend and produce minutes for meetings such as disciplinary and grievance hearings on a low level basis.
- Maintain and manage all HR personnel files and our online HR System, People HR. Ensuring all data is kept up to date and relevant.
- To provide HR reports, statistics and other such documentation as necessary to the HR manager and to Payroll.
- To assist with a wide range of low level HR queries from employees and managers using the support of the HR Manager.
- Organise and categorise the joint HR Mailbox to ensure all emails are dealt with proactively and in a professional manner relating to the tasks above.
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Accuracy in administration skills
- Good communication skills
- Requirement to meet strict deadlines
- Professional, sensitive and confidential
- Organised, Methodical
- Experience in previous HR administrator role
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Excel
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- Experience using HR System People HR or similar
- CIPD Level 3 qualified – desirable not essential NVQ in Business Administration
Why join us?
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Up to 32 Holidays per year
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families
Monday – Friday 8.00am-17.00pm